• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ACM Panel for post and panel frames Which One?

laylo21

is 3mm acm panels ok for a 4x8 outdoor sign that will be bolted around all edges only or will this blow out in the wind. Is it better to use 6mm acm? any advantage to use the corrugated acm vs the solid core?

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd use horzintal stringers between the posts and mount the board to it. If it's temporary 3mm is OK, otherwise if it needs to be over a year or your in a windy area spring for 6mm.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, since you don't give us any help as to who or what you know or can do..... I'd say that'll work just fine. Go for it.

Try filling in your profile area.​

Billct2

Corrugated is more rigid but dings easier. If the only support is around the edge 6mm is a safer bet

step one signs

I use this material a lot, I would definitely go 6mm if you don't use cross beams. I literally just built the same thing about a month ago.

bannertime

It'll blow out, especially with a spring coming up. A customer bought a three panel 8x12 set. Did the 3mm cause it was a 3-6 month project. He put them in a metal frame with support bars behind it. The wind came in from behind and knocked a panel out. Ripped at the fasteners, likely due to the holes being too close to the edge. Granted it was Texas tornado producing winds, and even then, the other two panels were fine. Signs were down all over the area. Though I do believe 6mm would have survived.