• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ACM Panels

Reyj22

Does anyone know of a supplier of colored ACM panels? I am specifically looking for a 3mm in Dark Grey.

2B

yes all of them carry colored panels, just contact your local supplier

however, if you have to have a certain shade / color of grey then you are better off either painting or doing a vinyl color change unless you are looking for a high QTY.
seems last time we looked into this there was a 20 sheet minimum for custom colors

Reyj22

yes all of them carry colored panels, just contact your local supplier

however, if you have to have a certain shade / color of grey then you are better off either painting or doing a vinyl color change unless you are looking for a high QTY.
seems last time we looked into this there was a 20 sheet minimum for custom colors

Thanks for the response.
I have contacted several vendors but they don't seem to carry anything but the brushed colors...gold, silver and I need a dark grey. This project will require 26 sheets that I will be doing direct UV printing on. There are quite a few signs so applying vinyl would be a bit of a pain. We can't apply the vinyl to the 4x8 sheets and then route out the signs as it chews up the vinyl edges.
If you know of a vendor that may carry different colors please let me know.

Billct2

Try looking for architectural panels instead of sign panels. I don't remember the name of the brand, but we quoted a job to reface a storefront with some panels that were similar to ACM but came in more colors. One of our sign suppliers also distributed commercial panels.

Reyj22

If you use white, can't you direct print the grey background as well?
We could but these signs are going outside and I never feel like ink adheres well to ACM even with the use of a promoter. We do have the
option of laminating the sheets after printing but since my customer just wants dark charcoal grey panels I thought it may be easier to just
purchase the material in that color.

Reyj22

Try looking for architectural panels instead of sign panels. I don't remember the name of the brand, but we quoted a job to reface a storefront with some panels that were similar to ACM but came in more colors. One of our sign suppliers also distributed commercial panels.
Thanks. I will check that out