• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Acrylic board moved on cnc is it still salvageable?

0igo

Cut out 19 letters and on the list one the letter moved /: ... would you guys fix this or throw it away?

Attachments

• 6E3680C5-BDE3-4B69-A45C-9C693F77D0BC.jpeg
    6E3680C5-BDE3-4B69-A45C-9C693F77D0BC.jpeg
    674.2 KB · Views: 294

White Haus

Not a Newbie
That is why I cut mine with a laser to many recuts when I use the CNC router

I guess I'm not the only one struggling with cutting acrylic on a CNC? I've probably got $1000 in bits and 25 hours of testing just to get the right combination that cuts acrylic cleanly. Sigh.

GB2

Old Member
I guess I'm not the only one struggling with cutting acrylic on a CNC? I've probably got $1000 in bits and 25 hours of testing just to get the right combination that cuts acrylic cleanly. Sigh.

So, to the OP I would definitely throw that away and cut a new one but this seems like a good time to talk about bits, feeds and speeds that you are using to cut acrylic doesn't it?

On .1875" Acrylic, I'm using a .25" Onsrud 65-023 single flute end mill and I do a rough pass with an offset of .1" to a depth of .15" at 18,000 RPM and 180 IPM. Then I do a finish pass with the same bit, RPM and IPM to full depth. The acrylic comes off the router with no cleanup needed and usually doesn't move anything. If you are cutting small pieces or a lot of cuts that weaken the vacuum hold on the sheet then you have to be more careful of course.

What are you doing that is or is not working well?

0igo

I THREW IT AWAY LOL. just wanted to see what you guys would do. spend an extra hour or so trying to put it back together or start over? it was the very last letter too and the board moved. sucks but whatever.

0igo

That is why I cut mine with a laser to many recuts when I use the CNC router
guess i need a laser cutter hahah. heard there was a guy out here who knows how to mount one to regular cnc table. i think its time to give him a call lol