• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In "ADA Compliant Degenderator" Signage

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
How's the wheelchair guy gonna get on that giant toilet? Or is he racing away from it?

and as a side-note.

most "Women's" restroom plaques have a very thin "O" like it got routed out. They are everywhere and it bugs me

OADesign

Can't say I'm upset with the guy. I appreciate his hustle. But it will never work
(read: Damnit! Why didn't I think of that :mad:)

These are ADA compliant because zir still puts a normal braille sign up next to them. This is just an addon. Will never replace a braille sign fully.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Women are the real sufferers of this gender neutral bathroom situation.. They no longer have their own potty's

As a side note... If I gotta go and the men's is taken but women's is open... I won't wait and go right into the women's. If I get caught I just say "the men's room had no soap".. I got no patience when it comes to that kinda stuff.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Boy..girl..boy...girl...boy...girl..boy...girl...boy...girl..boy...girl...boy...girl..boy...girl...boy...girl..boy...girl...boy...girl..boy...girl...boy...girl.

In a fitful act of indecisiveness....the kid pees right there on the floor.

Says it replaces "FLAWED" gender icons. The only reasons they used the icons in the first place were for the illiterate...but even then, there were only TWO genders you had to remember. And if you were even more dense than that, all you had to do is watch who went into (or came out of) the restroom, and all doubt would be removed.

I think the icons need to be more detailed to where "if you have one of these, pee here". And "if you have one of those, pee there".

JB

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Back to our roots
restroom.jpg

Gender neutral

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Last I saw, there are I think 37 different genders. They're working on finding more. I'm gonna hafta upgrade my transgender card and dues. Mine only goes up to 18. Don't wanna miss out on any fun.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Why are we complaining about the Gender Identity nonsense? This creates a whole new set of signs for every building. As sign makers we should embrace gender identity issues all the way to the bank.