• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ADA /Directional Signs adhesive question

Lemsanc

We just received our new Esko cutter and we are working with our very first directional sign project (part ADA required and other part not, but layers and materials are the same). I am not clear on how to properly adhere each of the following layers to each other. I am also not clear what the “security plate” is (client is requesting this).

Below are layers for the 14” x 26” signs:
(Layers described as front to furthest back)

First layer surface: rowmark 1/8” pvc (which we will print directional info on UV machine)

Second layer: 1/4 acrylic

Third layer: “security plate”. This is what actually goes adhered to the wall.

What adhesive or tape do you recommend using to glue layer 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to Wall? Thank you

vincesigns

for the layers use 3M 467 full coverage adhesive. The security plates, in my experience are either acrylic or aluminum cut slightly undersized to the size of the sign. Usually these are mechanically attached to the wall using counter sunk screws and anchors. Attach your signs to the security plates using 3M VHB (after you have attached the security plates to the wall). We are a wholesale fabricator of ADA and Interior Signs. I would be glad to help in any other way.

Happy New Year!