• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Add a new model printer to flexisign

JohnBoy1972

Add a new model printer to flexisign

So I am trying to get a Mimaki JV33 to print from my Flexi 8.1 software but that model is not in the dropdown box... any way to get the JV33 in the dropdown box?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately with Flexi you can't add a new model in any kind of official way. I have heard of people adding it in by essentially hacking the software but Flexi will just tell you to upgrade to the latest version.

JohnBoy1972

Unfortunately with Flexi you can't add a new model in any kind of official way. I have heard of people adding it in by essentially hacking the software but Flexi will just tell you to upgrade to the latest version.
Yeah I was figuring that too... they don't budge for shit

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Yeah I was figuring that too... they don't budge for shit
Considering that version of the software dates from 2007, it's not all that strange that they haven't updated the driver list for the supported printers to include models that weren't around when it was introduced, as it isn't common that older versions of software are supported that way. You could try to find a printer in your included drivers that used the same language, but I have the feeling that would be a very hit or miss proposition.