• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Adding Bleed To A Simple Design For A Better Contour Cut [video]

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It passes all understanding why you went through so much work to do such a simple everyday thing. So much mousing and clicking. Here in these waters one merely puts an outline of the proper color on the contour path itself.

Can't wait until your next helpful tip, perhaps you could demonstrate some incredibly complicated procedure for pouring pi$$ out of a boot.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It passes all understanding why you went through so much work to do such a simple everyday thing. So much mousing and clicking. Here in these waters one merely puts an outline of the proper color on the contour path itself.

Can't wait until your next helpful tip, perhaps you could demonstrate some incredibly complicated procedure for pouring pi$$ out of a boot.

ROFLMAO! Yes, I accomplish this in like 2 keystrokes with anything I contour cut. And all done in Flexi.

Johnny Best

bob made a video!
Untitled-1.jpg

Signed Out

One click with a Corel Macro I created.
I can select many shapes all with different colors and hit "CreateBleeds" macro. BAM!

This sounds interesting. How do you handle when 2 different colors touch, does the macro handle that? Would love some more info on how you set this up.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Wow. I didn't think this would spark such controversy. I agree that with this very simple demo, increasing the stroke would have done the same thing as an offset path, but there are times when understanding how to create an offset path in Illustrator are helpful.

Hopefully, this helps someone out there learn something new, and if not, I am pleased that you took the time to watch our video anyway :beer

myront

CorelDRAW is best
you'll need to download this macro then create another one and insert this code.

Sub MakeBleeds()
Dim sr As ShapeRange
Set sr = ActiveSelectionRange
sr.SetOutlineProperties 0.125
sr.SetOutlineProperties LineJoin:=cdrOutlineRoundLineJoin

GMSManager.RunMacro "JH_outlinecolsameasfill", "ThisMacroStorage.JH_makeOutlineSameAsFill"
sr.RemoveFromSelection
sr.CreateSelection
End Sub