• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding Bullets to text in Photoshop

iSign

it even works here... but what took me forever to learn... you gotta use the numeric keypad!

iSign

wow... alt7 works too?

(I use Arttildawn's suggestion, because I don't have any alt-key commands memorized)

grampa dan

Thanks! I learned something cool today! Just last week I needed some bullets... ended up making them on another layer using the round selection tool and a fill of the appropriate color on a separate layer then cutting and pasting in as many as I needed. This is MUCH faster and accurate too!

-grampa dan

Jim Doggett

In HTML it's
Code:
or
Code:
•
, but even then I still prefer a gif image that I create myself (better size, color and shape control)

So in Corel, Photoshop or whatever, especially for larger format signage, isn't simply drawing them the best option?

iSign

...in Corel, Photoshop or whatever, especially for larger format signage, isn't simply drawing them the best option?

if several bullets occur within text, the advantage of using a text based bullet is that the text block may go through various stages of editing sizes, fonts & colors. When a bullet exists between two items on a laundry list, with a space on each side... this configuration will flow along through several stages of editing... if it is text. Otherwise, it can become quite an annoying little ordeal to edit.

Bigdawg

Just Me

So in Corel, Photoshop or whatever, especially for larger format signage, isn't simply drawing them the best option
?

that's interesting to me, Jim. If you do a bullet in a program as part of the type, you know it will line up with the rest of the type, as well as the bulilet changing with any type of reformatting. It would seem to me that having the bullets as seperate images in a layout program could be problematic.

Using coding for the web, however, I would agree with the sizing and color comment, but for a sign I think flowing with the text would be best.

Artildawn

I've found that bullets in some fonts are not what you'd expect, thats why I use the character map. It provides a preview. I have it added to my quick launch toolbar for easy access.