• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Adding logo to Awning with printed vinyl?

MIPDan

I had a customer just ask if I could place a picture of a pretzel on his awning for better visibility at a farmers market. I have typically used Siser ColorPrint easy for shirts and even a few business tablecloths. I considered using that, but not sure how well it would last in full sunlight. I use an Roland SG-540 Ecosolvent printer. Any recommendations?

MikePro

heat press printable media would be ideal, as regular vinyl doesn't stick too well to awning fabric over time. ...but you should look to liquid laminate it with something that boasts UV protection like ClearShield. roll it on, let it dry, then contour cut & apply. ezpz

MIPDan

What is the fabric of the awning ?? Is it outside 24/7 ??
The material is a heavy canvas, not sure beyond that. In the summer he keeps it up all the time. In the winter he normally brings it in. The market is only open once a week so during most of the winter it is only out on that day.

MIPDan

heat press printable media would be ideal, as regular vinyl doesn't stick too well to awning fabric over time. ...but you should look to liquid laminate it with something that boasts UV protection like ClearShield. roll it on, let it dry, then contour cut & apply. ezpz
I didn't know about liquid laminate before. I will have to look into it. Thanks!