• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhering layers of ACP bebond

tyhoppy

I'm working on a project that consists of double sided sign panels that are 6' x 6'. My thoughts on this are to take two layers of bebond ACP that are each half of the thickness of the original sign and adjoin them using some type of adhesive. Since the sign is over 4' wide, I would put the seams perpendicular to each other to allow the panel to support itself when mounted in a frame.

Is this the correct way of doing this?

Does anyone have suggestions for a type of adhesive to use to join two layers of bebond ACP or any types of fasteners that would work?

Lord adhesives are great. (But make sure you get it right the first time. You'll never be able to get it apart after it's set, which doesn't take long. Don't ask me how I know.) :covereyes:

Starter

Also keep in my any heat that my telegraph/transfer. You may see this telegraphing on the face of the ACP.

AaronSSsignsKC

Use lord adhesive we use it all the time for poly metal it is great stuff just make sure you have the right product and you prep the material correct first. Lord glue requires you scuff the surface on a lot of materials or it wont hold at all. We use Lord ind NP 55420 for most of our applications and i know that it works great for di-bond or similar products. Good luck

tyhoppy

Is this the stuff? How much do you think would be needed to bond two double layer 6' x 6' signs?

https://www.nglantz.com/2236032/Product/Adhesive_Systems_Inc._5520-49

Use lord adhesive we use it all the time for poly metal it is great stuff just make sure you have the right product and you prep the material correct first. Lord glue requires you scuff the surface on a lot of materials or it wont hold at all. We use Lord ind NP 55420 for most of our applications and i know that it works great for di-bond or similar products. Good luck