• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

adhesive question

coyote

I am installing Gemini Minnesota letters on an old wall that has the old drill holes for original letters installed 20 yrs ago. I have ordered letters to replace but must glue the pads on myself since I must match to existing holes. What adhesive can I use for pads on letters? This is exterior. The stuff Gemini uses will warp the letters, so I need an alternative (I can't mount the pads on the sides as they recommend, since originals are mounted at centers. Thanks.

skyhigh

sounds like a hugh PITA ahead of you. I can't imagine glueing on the pads & hitting the same holes without a letter being low, or rotated. I'll assume you are planning to make a paper pattern of the holes on the wall, then overlaying it onto your paper pattern of the new letters? I would think that would be your best bet.

I am installing Gemini Minnesota letters
The stuff Gemini uses will warp the letters
huh???

Check into "weld-on". Or call lord for their recommendation. I only use the stuff for aluminum (and very happy)

coyote

Was kind of hoping to set studs in old holes and then glue letters to pads after the silicone sets, but if I must, I'll make a paper pattern. We included the PITA factor into estimate for either method, just trying to find best adhesive. We have sample letters to play with while we wait for delivery of order.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How tall are these letters ??

I just can't picture having to set the studs and then go back and set the letters. Like sky mentioned, how are you going to avoid high and low spots ??

Even making a pattern ahead of time might get your letters very close to where they're supposed to be, but to weld them in without any prior clamps or weight...... ??