• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhesive Wood & Cement

dlndesign

I have multiple boards that I am hanging in our showroom, they are roughly 3'x5'x.5" and I am looking for a good adhesive that will hold the wieght without having to drill into the concrete. Any suggestions. I have already used 3M Scothch Weld Epoxy Adhesive DP-110, and the boards are starting to fall off after 3 weeks of holding. We believe it is the paint on the wall that failed and not the adhesive since there is now patches left of the wall where the paint used to be.

Thanks.

dlndesign

Yeah, but I dont want to drill, personally. It would take a full day of drilling on our part to get that done.

Steve C.

No matter what you use, I don't think your bond will be any better than
the paint. I use a product called E6100 adhesive calk. I get it from Graphics
Solution Group.

Last edited:

G-Artist

If you have some weak paint but not all the paint is weak then the first thing to try is applying your adhesive all around the perimeter and then in a letter X or vertical stripes | | | | | in the open areas.

Really, all you need is but one top centered screw (small lag bolt or even a tapcon) plus a bit of adhesive or bond tape to keep it on an interior wall.