• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adjusting laminator rollers???

Signed Out

Have a 55" royal soverign laminator, bought new in 2010. Backup laminator now but we still use it to mount prints to substrates and transfer tape to cut graphics. It hasn't been feeding right for a while and finally got to the point it was unusable as it would get folded creases in graphics as you were taping them.

tried the paper test with pieces of paper in the center and both ends. Adjusted until center was tight and both ends, the paper could be pulled through. Was better, but still not fixed and same issues occurred after a few feet.

Bought a push/pull scale and adjusted until perfectly even tension on the ends. Runs much better, but still not how it used to be, starts wrinkling after 6'-8'.

Does anybody have a baseline of what numbers I should be seeing on the gauge? I have it balanced, but I think I have to get the right pressure across the roller now. Currently I'm at 11 kg on both ends and 26 in the middle.

Or if not a specific number, should I add more pressure, or back some off? What it's doing now is at about 6' on a run, the middle of the print I'm feeding in to get taped is folding over on itself creating a crease down the middle of the print as it goes through. I think maybe this means not enough pressure as it isn't stretching the middle out enough? Or is it too much pressure on the ends prohibiting the print to get stretched out all the way? Would just test more but at home now.

Snydo

I'd guess you are using too much pressure, try lowering pressure to half of your current set up and see if anything improves. I run a 30-year-old cold pneumatic monstrosity and the only time I get wrinkles is if the pressure is way too high.