• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Adobe Cc Font Classification?

jfiscus

Rap Master
In the newer Illustrator CC fonts can be sorted by Classification, similarity, etc easily through the drop down menu.
See this link: Fonts in Illustrator

Anyways, it just automatically sorts the fonts you have installed and classifies them into its own pre-determined groups. However, some fonts aren't classified correctly. I would also like to add my own classification groups. ie firefighter, police, industrial, etc. Is this possible? I cannot see any way to manually edit these aspects.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It is probably some internal programming. Have you tried doing the same thing in a font organizing program such as Font Explorer?

I have categories for Inline fonts, casual scripts, fancy scripts, cartoon, athletic, etc. I also have a set called Forget Script, Forget Sans. There are certain fonts that I always seem to forget their names so I categorize them that way.

Here is a screen capture of my program

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 3.32.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 3.32.59 PM.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 246

jfiscus

Rap Master
@VecDoc, I have used similar programs before. I will have to give that particular one a try sometime though.
However, this is not what I am wanting to do, since it appears Adobe has integrated something very similar into Illustrator already, I was wondering if it had an interface that I am missing.