• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice for Floor Graphics- I'm a Virgin

Speedsterbeast

I've been asked to quote Installation only for some floor graphics, as well as their removal in a few months.
Material is 40C with 3M3645
Sizes are 4' X 6' prints
Not sure of the surface, but think it's hard floor tile on a mall.

Can anyone tell me what to expect for installation and removal?
I have no idea how this stuff behaves.

Thanks!

Billct2

Don't know that specific combo, but have applied quite a few floor decals. And since you are a "virgin" I want to warn you first that you will have to bend over ;). We clean the heck out of the floor first, other than that it's pretty simple. We always warn the store manager to tell the cleaning crew to take it easy on the decals and if possible do a hand seal/wax on them. Taking them off can be easy sometimes, depends on how much traffic it gets.

bigben

to install floor graphics, I use my aluminum BS with the telescopic pole. One person at the end hold the vinyl and I just push the squeegee/material down. Since I'm stepping on the first half, nothing move. No one have to bend over or been on their knees for a long period of time and it take no time to do.

petepaz

i use two guys (one to squeegee and one to hold the vinyl and pull the release liner), 24" big squeegee and some knee pads. i slit the backs of the graphics and install it hinge style from the middle out. works pretty good.
i use avery 2902 and general formulations floor lam (ul slip resistant cert lam). we do temporary dance floors for parties and it removes pretty good off of tile and hardwood floors.

burgmurk

Do a test run on that floor, especially if it's a large run.
I was at a place once that got a huuuge floor decal job for every Mcdonalds site in New Zealand.
It turned out that the stuff we'd used for every other god damn floor in the country didn't play well with McD's floor polish. In the end we figured out how to clean it off and use the prints we had, but it caused a big delay which isn't good, being a limited time promo type thing.

Corwin Steeves

Large format printer to the stars
I've been asked to quote Installation only for some floor graphics, as well as their removal in a few months.
Material is 40C with 3M3645
Sizes are 4' X 6' prints
Not sure of the surface, but think it's hard floor tile on a mall.

Can anyone tell me what to expect for installation and removal?
I have no idea how this stuff behaves.

Thanks!

You're all good, my friend. Those are the correct materials.... albeit the most expensive ones. :) But you won't have any issues and I'm fairly certain that you'll be covered under 3M's warranty for any slip and fall claims. There are some great YouTube videos on floor graphic installations that will help with the actual installation.