• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on buying a printer

Oneeyedjack1

Hey guys just joined today. Looking at getting a Roland truevis sg300 used. I have been talking with a guy who has one and says only a month old, used 10 times. 2 year warranty. He is asking $12,500. Says he paid $15,000 for it. Wondering if what he says is true is that a fair price, he keeps saying it's new but to me it's still used. I do cut decals and sublimation so have no idea about digital eco solvent printers other than what I have read. ICan the printer serial number be used to confirm from the dealer he purchased from that it's what he is saying. Just seems weird to drop $15K and want to sell 3 weeks or so later.

Robert M

I can sell you a new in the box Mimaki CJV150-75 (30" printer cutter) for under 10k. Comes with 8 carts of ink (440ml) and the auto take up. It has a higher DPI and is twice as fast. Full warranty.
So no that is not a good deal.

Oneeyedjack1

I can sell you a new in the box Mimaki CJV150-75 (30" printer cutter) for under 10k. Comes with 8 carts of ink (440ml) and the auto take up. It has a higher DPI and is twice as fast. Full warranty.

So how much depreciation on a printer that is a month old, rough estimate. I'm in Canada so things cost a lot more up here :(

Joe House

10 to 15% sounds about right in this case. But check the status of the warranty. Down here inn the states out does not transfer to a second owner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oneeyedjack1

10 to 15% sounds about right in this case. But check the status of the warranty. Down here inn the states out does not transfer to a second owner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good point, I just assumed it would carry over. Will check on that for sure.

Saltwaterfly247

I'm looking to replace my SP-300V. Would you recommend the Mimaki over the SG-300?

AKwrapguy

Hey guys just joined today. Looking at getting a Roland truevis sg300 used. I have been talking with a guy who has one and says only a month old, used 10 times. 2 year warranty. He is asking $12,500. Says he paid $15,000 for it. Wondering if what he says is true is that a fair price, he keeps saying it's new but to me it's still used. I do cut decals and sublimation so have no idea about digital eco solvent printers other than what I have read. ICan the printer serial number be used to confirm from the dealer he purchased from that it's what he is saying. Just seems weird to drop $15K and want to sell 3 weeks or so later.

Why are they getting rid of the machine? There must a reason as to why, I would find out first. Also check with local dealer and see what a new machine cost, this would be one way to check on price and see if they know the person selling it.

I think that your right to be suspicious. I can't think of a reason as to why I would try to get rid of a printer after a few weeks unless there was a reason as to why, not enough business, defective/broken, some sort of scam, etc...

Either way if you do end up looking at it make sure you see that everything function properly.