• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on Engraving Machine

txsurfer

I am wanting to purchase an engraving machine, I do not want to get into the engraving business!

I have done it in the past, not interested in this type of daily work. (I used a New Hermes IS 400 I believe was the model?)

I have two jobs I want to do on this machine, 1" x 3" Plastic Nametags (Standard Ones w/ Mag on back)

I need to engrave a piece of Aluminum that is Approx 2" in Thickness, so it has to fit inside the machine? (1/8" Numbers and letters)

I know most will say just job it out, but in this case I need to have Total Control over the jobs, I am looking for direction from any experienced Engravers.

V-ENGRAVE

There is number of machines that will do what you need. I would suggest you contact Engraving Concepts out of Arlington Tx, or Huston office. Very important for after sale support.
Here is a contact............
[h=3]Engraving Concepts - Houston[/h]Jimmy DuBose
9001 Airport Boulevard (Hobby Airport)
Houston, TX
Phone: (817) 460-8122 x 206

bannertime

There is number of machines that will do what you need. I would suggest you contact Engraving Concepts out of Arlington Tx, or Huston office. Very important for after sale support.
Here is a contact............
Engraving Concepts - Houston

Jimmy DuBose
9001 Airport Boulevard (Hobby Airport)
Houston, TX
Phone: (817) 460-8122 x 206

Wow, was just looking for a company like this. Had no idea there was one a few miles from me.

rossmosh

Laser or rotary engraver?

Most people engrave name tags on a laser engraver. Load up the sheet and it will cut and engrave all part of the same file.

Jburns

Im selling my signature Engraver 8080- Super - will drop off for freight shipment-PM me if interested.