• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on leasing a Mutoh printer.

Kenny01

I am currently getting all my ducks in a row so I can lease all the equipment I need to start my own graphic business. I have 7 years of experience but it has been working for other people. I am in need of advice on where I should lease my equipment from and if anyone has any experience leasing in and around Indiana or just experience with leasing in general. I'm trying to save myself as much trouble as I can by learning from the troubles that others have had. The printer I plan on getting is the Mutoh valuejet 1324 54 in. and a compatible cutter/plotter and laminater.

Anyone that takes time from their day to help me out is very much appreciated.

greysquirrel

Lease you equipment from a supplier that wants to build a relationship with you and help you grow your business...any reseller can offer you a fare price on the equipment what about the other side to that coin? You are a start up...first printer...training? Extra training when you forget something...after hours/weekend phone support....actually getting someone on the phone. You will have 10-20 stupid questions that are easily answered in less than five minutes...the problem is when these questions will pop up...

That's how you select your reseller (IMO) I would leaned toward a smaller reseller not a national where you are just another number.

300mphGraphics

I would buy a Mutoh again in a heartbeat. Actually, I just did. After over 6 years of solid printing and never having to have a tech step through my door, I just bought a 1624. The thing prints beautifully. I've leased both with the $1 buyout clause and happy as can be. My first printer was through Signwarehouse and things worked ok even though they were a couple states away. This time I've gone with a more local salesrep of a larger supply company and I feel better. He's been out to the shop a few times and helped with other machines just to build the relationship.

bjt140

Geneva Capital was beyond great when I needed my first machine starting out. They have promos that you have no payments during the summer or 90 days from purchase to help you build sales before payments going out. I did a lease with $1 buyout at the end.

If you wanna use them let me know and I'll put you in touch with my rep, and I think we both get a perk for it.

Good luck