• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on Re-engaging with Sign Industry

Signstein

Seeking advice on best ways to re-engage with the sign industry. I've been making signs for over 15 years but for the past 6 years I've been mostly isolated from what's going on out in the real world. I work in a small shop at a theme park, so I'm exposed to very little beyond the next new event or attraction. We don't get visits from company reps, we don't experiment with new or different media, we don't invest in new equipment or technology, and we don't attend seminars, tradeshows or otherwise practice any type of continued education. I'm coming to realize that my continued growth in this industry is going to be solely my own responsibility. I want to keep learning, to try new things, to develop new skills. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? Signing up to this forum is a first step for me. Are there online courses I can take? Are there accreditation programs to enroll in? I'm sure tradeshows are cancelled for the foreseeable future. What other ways are there for me to get back in touch with the industry?