• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on which optically clear to use

Chasez

Hi all, so normally we use 3m 8150 with 3m 8150 as a lam to achieve optically clear when requested. We've got a large job coming up that requires an optically clear vinyl but has no spec as to the material. Looking for some recommendations as to which vinyls/manufacturers have a good product at a reasonable price (cheaper than 3m 8150). The panels will cover full height (8') windows by various widths (under 60").

Thanks in advance!

Chaz

CanuckSigns

Hi all, so normally we use 3m 8150 with 3m 8150 as a lam to achieve optically clear when requested. We've got a large job coming up that requires an optically clear vinyl but has no spec as to the material. Looking for some recommendations as to which vinyls/manufacturers have a good product at a reasonable price (cheaper than 3m 8150). The panels will cover full height (8') windows by various widths (under 60").

Thanks in advance!

Chaz

what is the intended lifespan of the graphics? we have a supplier here that sells a polyester optically clear for a good price, but it's only rated 6-12 months

Chasez

what is the intended lifespan of the graphics? we have a supplier here that sells a polyester optically clear for a good price, but it's only rated 6-12 months

Would be a long term application. Going into a brand new office space for a large company.

Chaz

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Would be a long term application. Going into a brand new office space for a large company.

Chaz

For interior windows, we have used a clear PET film, made by Lintec, sold by Drytac. You need a UV printer, I believe. For exterior facing windows, I think you would have to use the 3M vinyl.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I've done it many times. We make lots of clear acrylic wall signs with tiny black text and we mirror print on 290F, apply to back side of acrylic.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Many people can't get around the fact "it's a laminate". I think most times it is better than any clear print vinyl, like the Oracal 3620, which often has a muddy appearance, and not crystal clear.

Chasez

Many people can't get around the fact "it's a laminate". I think most times it is better than any clear print vinyl, like the Oracal 3620, which often has a muddy appearance, and not crystal clear.

Good to know.. .Got some prices on rolls already. Thanks!

Chaz

msenjur

so, it is possible to print on 290F? what about printing temperature? what printing profile do you use? ordinary gloss? how long does it takes for colors to dry?

im printing on 3352F and i ruined few meters, becouse i monunt it to winder, but colors werent completly dry...