• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

After almost seven years, calling it quits

ChiknNutz

Well, after seven years in the business, we've decided to pack it in. I started the business back in the first part of 2003 as a creative outlet, which quickly turned into a viable business. I even quit a pretty good career in 2005 to pursue my sign business full-time. At the end of 2005, I got a call from a former co-worker to perform a part-time project for a company that I am still with. After trying to work them both, we hired an employee to help, which then eventually turned into 3 employees. My wife eventually took over the business as I transitioned out due to the commitments of my current career. In October 2008 we moved to a commercial location, which ended up becoming the beginning of the end. We are now back at our home until we finalize the dissolution of the corporation...which we plan to just let it run out thru the year. Last year really kicked our @$$ and we won't likely recover from it for a while still as we still owe on a credit card and for the building lease. Thankfully, all equipment is fully paid for.

I've not been on here much for the last several months, but do plan to keep up on things from time to time. I've met some fantastic people here and even some that I sincerely call friends.

There are no plans to discontinue GraphixCALC sign pricing software. In fact, the plan is to continue improving it and supporting it indefinitely. I have a programmer, sort of on retainer, that has been assisting for almost a year now.

I will post in another thread those items we plan to sell as we liquidate. Thanks to all for your friendship, support and education as I journeyed down this path.

Mosh

Good luck in the future! Times are hard in alot of areas, you will be in our thoughts.

jasonx

Sorry to hear. What do you think was your biggest lesson with the eventual failure of the business?

SignosaurusRex

You've been missed and will still be missed. Good luck and good fortune to you Chris.

Absolutely! .....and THANK YOU ...and Kim for graciously hosting the very first "Signs101 Meet & Greet". It was a most memorable time!
I'm sorry to hear you are shutting the doors after all this time, but I know that for every door that closes...another one opens. Best of luck Brother!:thumb:

Attachments

• reverse_water_gild_meet__n_greet.JPG
    reverse_water_gild_meet__n_greet.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 82

cartoad

Chris, really enjoyed meeting you and your wife at the Signs 101 meet and greet, your hospitality, and putting up with everyone was remarkable. Thank you for your advice and help. As S. Rex stated new opportunites will come your way.
I know how tough it is to shut down something you have put so much of yourself in, but sometimes it has to be done,
Wishing you and your family the very best
Hal and Violy

BobM

Chris, I've been where you are in another business and I know how difficult it is to pick up the pieces and move on. Your software helped me stabilize my pricing structure at a critical juncture of my sign business life. For that I thank you and wish you well as you and your wife transition into the next phase of your life. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Ruddbow

Personally, I am sorry to hear that you are closing up shop. I enjoyed working with you in the past. There is no doubt in my mind that whatever direction you go you'll kick some butt. Wishing you nothing but success Chris.

jdb

Chris,
I too enjoyed meeting you, your wife and kids. The meet & greet is a memory I'll allways have, thanks for being great hosts. I wish the best for your future and know that you'll come out on top!

neato

Wow Chris. It seems like just yesterday we were both newbies here at signforums. You've come a long ways since then. I watched your business grow by leaps and bounds. But your design talent grew tremendously. I think it's a shame that you'll give that up, but you have to do what's best in these times.

I hope everything turns out well for you and that you find success in your endeavors. I enjoyed working with you the few times we worked together.

wes70

Sorry to hear this. You been a part of this forum and signforums for about the same amount of time as myself. I remember when you started with the summa and things progressed from there. I was always glad to hear of your progression, the roland, the new shop, etc.

Best of luck.

Wes

vid

Sorry to hear of the change in fortune.

You're one of a hand full that I remember keeping the lights on in the forum when I first started lurking here - before Fred joined. wow.

Your enthusiasm and grasp of the technical aspect of the business has always been spot on.

Wish you the best in future and hope to see you in the forum keeping up with the creative side. :thumb: