• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aftermarket 789 print heads for HP L25500 - any thoughts?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Hi Folks,
I've had two cyan/ltcyan heads spit the dummy in a couple of months - nothing appeared wrong, but the L25500 was convinced they were no good, so I changed them both.
The printer was happy, but the 2 new C/LC heads were constantly printing bandings getting lighter.
Head cleans and alignments only fixed it till the first 10" of the next print...

So I changed them for 2 new ones again. All good so far - BUT I don't like running out of heads so quickly.

Has anyone tried the Chinese options with success? Eg these:

kingz printhead for hp789 CH612A CH613A CH614A L25500 for hp 789 print head-in Printer Parts from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Franklin

Hi Folks,
I've had two cyan/ltcyan heads spit the dummy in a couple of months - nothing appeared wrong, but the L25500 was convinced they were no good, so I changed them both.
The printer was happy, but the 2 new C/LC heads were constantly printing bandings getting lighter.
Head cleans and alignments only fixed it till the first 10" of the next print...

So I changed them for 2 new ones again. All good so far - BUT I don't like running out of heads so quickly.

kingz printhead for hp789 CH612A CH613A CH614A L25500 for hp 789 print head-in Printer Parts from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If you move forward let me know. I have bookmarked it and I will try it when Im ready for new ones.

Since were both using the same machine l25500!
Can i pick your brain?
What material are you printing on?

I'm looking for good canvas paper for stretched canvas. I had LexJet Sunset by Fredrix Matte Canvas.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I've used Magicmedia Intellicoat non-tear wallpaper stuff with no problems, but the only canvas I've tried gave me carriage strike problems on the right of the roll on EVERY pass.

Franklin

I've used Magicmedia Intellicoat non-tear wallpaper stuff with no problems, but the only canvas I've tried gave me carriage strike problems on the right of the roll on EVERY pass.

oh wow, i wonder what caused that issue. I had a few paper jams with the printheads but I believe it was mainly due to human error. Mismatch with profile vs substrate. I'm very new to this and experimenting trying to find a profile that will give me vibrant colors and a gloss look. So have you stayed away from canvas due to the strike problems?

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Hi Folks,

Were the print heads still under warranty from HP?
I have gotten some bad 792 print heads right out of the box and HP has sent me new ones at no charge.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If you move forward let me know. I have bookmarked it and I will try it when Im ready for new ones.

Since were both using the same machine l25500!
Can i pick your brain?
What material are you printing on?

I'm looking for good canvas paper for stretched canvas. I had LexJet Sunset by Fredrix Matte Canvas.

I have great canvas options if you are interested. They work great in all the latex models.

dale911

President
I tried some of the Chinese heads and they started working fine initially but seemed to give out pretty quick. It may be because I was running sts inks. I will admit that the sts inks also causes my print heads to go out shortly after 1000ml so I don’t know if the Chinese head was missing because of the head or the inks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk