• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Agfa Anapurna 2540FB - Ink heads dry out fast

Ari Balabanian

Hi, I nee some urgent help here... My Agfa runs beautiful, but when printer sits idle for even 1 minute, I lose all the nozzles. I have to re-purge, wipe, and print new head pattern/prime before every job. If anyone out there that has a solution for me I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't know anything about your specific machine, but in the machines I have had the pleasure of owning or operating that typically came down to either a broken thermistor or clogged reservoir.

TraderLink

Merchant Member
Hi, I nee some urgent help here... My Agfa runs beautiful, but when printer sits idle for even 1 minute, I lose all the nozzles. I have to re-purge, wipe, and print new head pattern/prime before every job. If anyone out there that has a solution for me I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Are you using original Agfa ink? We had the same issue on an Agfa Anapurna M2. With original ink, the machine worked fine, on another machine we had aftermarket ink, and had the same problem. Never could resolve the issue.

Andy D

You shouldn't be losing all of your nozzles, but having to prime and wipe after the machine has set idle 5- 10 minutes is normal for those type of printers, I had to for my Annapurna and for my Jeti.
If you're really losing all of your nozzles and/or having to prime and wipe after only 1 minute, your low vac is probably set too high.

Ari Balabanian

You shouldn't be losing all of your nozzles, but having to prime and wipe after the machine has set idle 5- 10 minutes is normal for those type of printers, I had to for my Annapurna and for my Jeti.
If you're really losing all of your nozzles and/or having to prime and wipe after only 1 minute, your low vac is probably set too high.

Hi Andy, I already tried that. If I lower the vac any more the heads start to drip. Anything else you can think of?

Andy D

Hi Andy, I already tried that. If I lower the vac any more the heads start to drip. Anything else you can think of?

Let me think on it, it's been a while since I have run one.
Just to be clear, after a minute all, or almost all of your nozzles drop out, not just some or they are deflected?
If not, can you post a picture?

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
Can you prime the machine, print a test draw, start a timer for 10 minutes, print a test draw without priming, take a picture of each labeled and post it up here?