• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

agfa anapurna m2 ink flow problem

newly brought a used agfa anapurna m2. its cheap because 3 printhead are gone.I brought a new one and confige it to 4color. everything seems good. so I start my first job.nightmare came.
did a test print,all the nozzles fired properly.but just print 1feet, half nozzle are missing. cleaning,then print.samething.
check everything,no luck.

but I still found something.one is when the nozzle misfire.no need to purge or clean head,just wait 10minutes,all the nozzle come back.
2. my shop only have 218v 3phase voltage rather than 230-240v 3phase as recommended.is it the reason?

really need help.thanks

WalkerP

Is it on all colors or particular one(s)?
Have you adjusted your meniscus vacuum? It may be too high to where you do a purge and test print/prime it prints, but then is too high and sucks the ink back into the lines.
You may need to change the filters as well.

Nameci

I have no previous experience with anapurna, I am assuming it is equipped with a Konica Minolta head. Adjust your meniscus vacuum. This pressure is negative in the sense that it holds the ink from dripping out of your printhead nozzles. I would assume it does have a secondary tank on top of the head assembly, so it means that gravitational pull is making it to flow to your heads, but meniscus vacuum would hold it from flowing out + the atmospheric pressure. In my experience, there are 3 factors that needed to be optimized for a good ink flow. 1. Ink viscosity and surface tension - we have no control over it. 2. Meniscus pressure 3. Prinhtead voltage As ink viscosity and surf tension constant, we can adjust the meniscus vacuum and printhead voltage. After purging have a visual and check your printhead nozzle surface, if there are puddles of ink remaining on the nozzle surfaces then your meniscus vacuum is on the low side or less negative, but in your case I would guess that your meniscus vacuum is on the high side or more on the negative. If ink comes back after 10 minutes, then it means that you a slow ink flow and meniscus vacuum is getting in the way. Or if not, probably the last chance filters needed to be replaced.

Thank you Nameci,
I adjusted the negative pressure again and again,no luck.even I set to -26 (-25 ink
drop will happen)

ADJ printhead voltage did work either.

Frustrating

WalkerP

Dang, I was certainly hoping it was one of those. What if you create a file with CMYK vertical bars and print? Do all colors drop out at the same time or independently of each other at significantly different passes?

BigPrin

heads dropping out

I have owned anapurna mv for 7 years. the first year I had a similar problem. Found that the wiring harness going from the ink tank on top of machine had loose conection to the board driving it. Secure the wiring so that it cant flex or move when the head goes up and down and that solved my problem. if the tank cant tell the lower tank to pump ink then it just runs out. Hope this helps.