• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Grand Sherpa (Mutoh)

struthmuffin

Just messed up this post and erased it 3 times.. been that kind of day...

If someone has ever seen this print issue in the image attached please help me out...

We replaced 2 aging heads.. and moved one (long story).. the two new ones are just fine.. the moved one is printing really badly... you can see in the print it prints really bad to start and as it goes across the sheet it gets cleaner... if we replace it with another (old) head, it prints fine... or at least as fine as that head can print.. its really odd and we cant figure it out... any help at all would be appreciated.... thanks! cam

Attachments

• IMG_20121031_144629.jpg
    IMG_20121031_144629.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:

struthmuffin

Ill say pretty sure, and i know sounds a bit sketchy.. but we got a little confused with the codes.. but we tried the few options we had and no luck.. with the older head regardless of code, it printed just fine.. with this one we tried all of our options (i think.. 99% sure) and had no luck with any change..

jhanson

It sounds like there may be something damaged in the head. If the nipples are even slightly cracked, enough air can leak in to cause what you're seeing.

Matt-Tastic

there is an air leak in the head somewhere. cracked manifold (nipple), damaged rubber seal, damaged ink housing in the head.

it may not be a bad idea to buy a 3rd head and replace them all new. you'll get much better quality overall.