• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Jeti 1224 HDC problems

MJerome

Is anyone else having issues with Agfa Jeti's, we've had a 1224 HDC since July 2011 and have many issues most are minor that can be resolved by a simple restart. Our biggest problem is pixel board errors with PA1 always failing to read and write causing the Jeti not to print and having to restart or it ends up printing and the yellow print heads drop out mid print on the A side ruining expensive sheets. Anyone else have this issue? Note the pixel board has already been replaced twice along with just about everything else.

Thanks,
Mike

Typestries

Mike, have you checked your power cleanliness and stability? Is your machine on a transformer? Is your building on a transformer? It might very well be a voltage or frequency issue.

We have an issue where we loose half the heads, a-side, if there is a power issue such as a storm, brownout, etc.

MJerome

We did have the electrical and environment monitored for about two weeks, we did show some variation in frequency and voltage. They suggested that the feeder for the transformer was being overloaded ( transformer to small ) and other PFC events. We did also vary in temperature and humidity but was always in the threshold of what operating suggests. The transformer was also provided with the Jeti from Agfa. Since having the machine we've only had troubles with Pixel board 1 colors being lost mid print, yellow and white never any other boards or colors.

Mike

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Agfa 1224 hdc

We've had our HDC for 2 years now and I feel it has actually been pretty reliable. I have issues with my software (Jeti Gui Crashing) and just haven't been able to reinstall it. Now I'm saying that coming from 5 previous years on a 3150 and almost identical parts so I maybe don't realize the little things because I know how to fix them really easily. I've been most impressed with head longevity. I've only replaced one head and that was because I hit a piece of tape, it rolled up and put too much pressure on the head and ruined the electronics. Other than that it was still perfect. I've never had any issues with Pixel Processor boards, but I had major issues with my lamps and LCM boards on the old machine. I do agree with Typestries about the voltage. There could be something there. We blew our 3 phase fuse out on the power pole a few times, and even the transformer because we were trying to draw too much power into our building. Also, I've never agreed with the temperature and humidity specifications. My Jeti 3150 printed awesome when we didn't have air conditioning and it was 100 degrees in the room and the humidity was below 20%.
I have had issues on the 1224 with static electricity causing my heads to stop firering but usually only when I'm printing on ePanel and I don't run my hand along it and get the static out. Let me know if you have any other questions! I always love talking about my flatbeds and getting/giving advice/tips from/to others. (Wow! was that grammatically incorrect or what!)

clstore

onyx 11 profiles for agfa jeti 1224 hdc

Hi,

We just both an Agfa jeti 1224 HDC printer and we got the onyx 11 for it ...
I was wandering if some of you use onyx with this printer and have some profiles already made ...
Onyx provides only 1 profile (default) ...
Can anyone help us with some profiles for onyx 11 for this printer (Agfa JETI 1224 HDC)?

thank you

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Color Profiles

Hi,

We just both an Agfa jeti 1224 HDC printer and we got the onyx 11 for it ...
I was wandering if some of you use onyx with this printer and have some profiles already made ...
Onyx provides only 1 profile (default) ...
Can anyone help us with some profiles for onyx 11 for this printer (Agfa JETI 1224 HDC)?

thank you

Send me your email and I can send you the ones I have. They're from onyx 10 but they should be upward compatible. I have one that is for styrene, gatorfoam (Run at 200% density on the printer), and one I did for a masonite product we use. No guarantees that they're perfect but I've been using them since I got it in 2010 and I'm mostly happy with them. I preflight all my own files so I tweak with color correction and color replacement if I need too.

FYI: The last time I asked about color profiles for our Oce Arizona 660XT on Signs 101 I basically got the boot since everyone figured that if I could afford a $250,000 printer I could afford an Eye One and do my own profiles. I have one, just didn't have time to do it and was hoping that I could get one. People are protective of their profiles. Also, who installed it for you? They should be able to help you out with profiles.