• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Egress?

niksagkram

Hi folks. Does anybody know if there is an air-egress eco-solvent printable translucent out there somewhere? Did a quick Google, but didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Mark

aharville

Rapid Air Egress

Oracal makes a product that works for us. it's referred to as Rapid air. We use this printing from our eco solvent printer and it works fine.

aharville

Air Ergress

Sorry, but I just realized you were asking about translucent material. That I have no idea about.

niksagkram

How are you using it specifically, that you would need air-egress? Usually mounting via laminator or wet application is the way to do it... which is why there isn't one on the market that I've ever seen.

We are applying it to medium to large white lexan sign faces. The air egress is not a real necessity, but thought if there was a product out there we might try it.

Thanks for all the input.

Mark

T_K

I doubt you'll find both translucent AND air egress. The problem is that the air egress is actually a texture molded into the adhesive. If you did this with a translucent film, the texture would be visible through the film. Which is probably why you can't get air egress in translucent or clear.

If you're looking for air egress to make install easier, you can always use your laminator to mount the graphics or wet install.

ProColorGraphics

I doubt you'll find both translucent AND air egress. The problem is that the air egress is actually a texture molded into the adhesive. If you did this with a translucent film, the texture would be visible through the film. Which is probably why you can't get air egress in translucent or clear.

If you're looking for air egress to make install easier, you can always use your laminator to mount the graphics or wet install.

Actually, Mactac has an air egress clear vinyl.

ams

I've never seen one and for good reason. Usually the RA or AE has a block out layer / gray backing. Using it will block the light from shining through the translucent. I've never seen a material that can have that in clear adhesive.
I've laid down by hand a 4' X 24' piece of Oracal translucent, took a long time? yep. Annoying? yep. Did it work with little to no problem? yep.