• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Air in the black ink damper...

FaneDuru

On a Mutoh ValueJet 1614E machine the nozzle check for one side of black ink was not perfect. I had a clogged nozzle from some time and I tried to unclog it. I pulled some cleaning liquid through the nozzles. Gentle, without pushing hard until all the jets were clean and parallel. I mounted the damper on the had and tried to make tests. I saw that there still is air in the upper squires and I thought that there are some rubber O-rings wrongly arranged in place and I took out the damper trying to see them and eventually better arrange them in the right position...
After re mounting it I tried to fill the damper pulling ink inside it using a syringe. The air from the pipes has been eliminated, the damper looked full but even after about two minutes of pausing, when I pulled out the syringe some vacuum was created and a lot of air came inside the damper and the pipes too... I filled it using 'InkCharge -> Normal' from the menu.
But the problematic black side of the black ink is a mess now. See attached picture.
It obviously seems that some air is getting inside the damper. Now I visually checked the rubber gaskets and all of them looked well without any cracks or stretching. Beside my black hands, what I can see and looks strange is the air in the rectangular upper sides of the damper (in red circles). And there, where the arrow is pointing, the hexagonal side of the plastic part keeping tight the tube on the dumper, is broken. I mean I can rotate it without moving the rectangular part which looks to make the fixing. Theoretically I think this should not bother the tightness. I think it just helps to keep the plastic part in order to easily rotate it. Am I wrong thinking like this?
It happens I do not have a spare dumper to replace it but do you have an idea to (at least) temporarily solve the problem until I will have a new one? At least to explore something...
Any idea to be tested will be well appreciated. Even the theoretical reason for such a behavior...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Dampers_compressed.jpg
    Dampers_compressed.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Nozzle check_compressed.jpg
    Nozzle check_compressed.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited: