• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air Purifier Systems For Solvent Printers

Victorian Signs

Have a HP 9000 True Solvent Printer, and Matthews Paint System, both have very high levels of smell, does anyone have any idea what would be the best AIR PURIFIER SYSTEM that would work to eliminate these levels, as always, your comments are greatly appreicated...................:banghead:

FatCat

I've always heard great things about Island Clean Air Dusters (ICA Duster). Pricey, but I guess they do a great job in print and paint businesses.

*Also, they have an adaptor (Fume Pro) for their units where you can duct your printer directly into the unit.

http://www.islandcleanair.com

rjssigns

Maybe what you need is a sealed room for the paint system and one for the printer. Set up an exhaust system(to outside) with MUA(make up air) This system will pretty much guarantee a smell free environment. Your local HVAC pro can do the system.

gixxer2004

I am looking at purchasing a centrifugal fan and carbon filter online as a air scrubber for my solvent mimaki jv33. You can pick them up online for about $250 for the complete setup. I was looking at the 8" which has a 720 cfm blower. I have been reading a lot of information on them and they are primarily used in hydroponic "pot" grow rooms to remove odors and chemicals. I will be getting one for my print room in the next couple weeks so I will let you know how it works. I heard a lot of good info on the Island Scrubbers too and have seen them on ebay and craigslist sometimes.

Donny7833

I bought a used Island Air 2000 from a fellow Signs101'er for our Seiko. It worked ok, then I replaced the charcoal pellets and it now works fantastic! I paid $2700 between the used unit and the replacement charcoal. I know that's still a good bit of money, but I would do it again. Look on ebay, craigslist and the forums, there's good used units out there.

Gixxer, I tried a similar system to what your describing a few years back on an HP8000. You need a lot more charcoal to remove fumes than simple odors. I had an 800 cfm fan pushing air through 20lbs of charcoal and it did work, just not that well. The Island Air unit has 35lbs of charcoal on each side of the machine. Trust me, there's no comparison.

gixxer2004

Thanks for the info Donnie. Victorian-They have 2 island dusters in Maryland on eBay right now. I also noticed a hp 9000 printer and scrubber on Craigslist, they might sell the scrubber separately. They are only asking 3000 for the pair so you might pick it up at a good price.