Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Align calibrate colors on Gerber Edge FX ??

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Biggermens, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Biggermens

Biggermens Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Canada
    Hello All

Anyone know if there is a way to calibrate or align the machine for when it comes for the next color ??
    It looks like my machine is off by about 0.025" and it looks like it shifts about 0.025" for every color
    The more spot colors you have the more it gets shifted to the left

Any ideas anyone ???

Thanks

Tags:
  2. FunkotronXL

FunkotronXL Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Washington State
    Do you have an image available?

Is it consistently 0.025" or does it fluctuate a bit? Also does is it different if your print is only a few columns vs a larger several yard long print?

I have run into similar issues but need more details.

3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Yes there is a way to calibrate the foil placement - check your help section in your software. it involves printing a small sample, and then it asks you which direction you would like to move the registration for each color.

check under foil registration adjustment in your software manual. I have never used the feature though.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  4. Biggermens

Biggermens Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Canada
    Good Morning

I been messing around with this the last little while, all i can fin is under the print preview you can click on adjust, then you can print a pattern and adjust each color
    witch works well but you have to do it every time for every job with becomes a pain

This morning i printed red lettering with a 0.030" white boarder and on the left it pretty much touch the black fill

There must be a better way ???

Thanks
    Biggs

5. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Use chock and spread to get rid of the gaps as it sounds like that is your issues. You can also add a stroke to fill in if you are getting white gaps between colors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jeff grossman

Jeff grossman Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Pa 19320
    EDFBE019-4AE7-4908-9911-B8184DB01F46.png