• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aligning Objects

LionFishSlayer

Had this problem for awhile, in earlier version with multiple objects I could click/drag to select all I wanted and the first object I touched or enclosed is what all other objects would align to. Version 10 (old I know) all will align to the first object that was created. I can manually select the object I want to align to and then shift/click all the rest and it will align to my object but that is not as convenient as it was before. I cant find any settings to change this. Is this feature gone?

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
HMMMM. I always though flexi aligned to the most rear object when you drag a selection box. I dont remember it ever aligning to the first thing the drag box hit. That being said you can always select the first object then hold shift and drag a selection box around the other stuff then align to that object.

Ive been a flexi user since around 1988.

Chriswagner92

Flexi aligns to the first object selected. If you want to align multiple objects to one, just select the one that you want them aligned to first, then shift select all the others. Have you tried dragging in the other direction? Layer order does not matter.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Flexi aligns to the first object selected. If you want to align multiple objects to one, just select the one that you want them aligned to first, then shift select all the others. Have you tried dragging in the other direction? Layer order does not matter.

I tested it and flexi aligns to the most rear object when you drag a selection box around multiple objects. You are correct on selecting the first object when using shift and select. But layer order does matter when dragging a selection box..