Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alignment on media issue

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by SummitSignsandmore, Aug 13, 2019.

1. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    I swapped out my carriage today due to some bad bearings. Printers back together and printing well aside from where it is starting my prints on the media. I have a picture attached to better show my issue. My printer is starting the prints approx 1/4" before the medias edge. Anyone have any idea how to fix this alignment issue?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Since the carriage was changed I am assuming the cutter holder is probably out of wack. I know there isn't a cutter on that machine it's just what they call the piece that holds the solenoid that unlocks the carriage and the media sensor. It's a separate piece that attached to the left side when you reassembled it. There is an official method to set the height of that piece and it requires a special jig unfortunately. That being said, I have replaced them without the jig with success. There is a black piece of plastic on the left side of the cutter holder. The distance from the bottom of that and the platen should be 5.2mm +/- .2mm. I would just use a number 5 Allen key to get it set. Tighten the screws and see if that helps at all.

3. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    That was it. Thank so much for the reply. You got me fixed up.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1