• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

All About Comic Sans – History, Examples and Best Practices

grampa dan

That's very funny! In our work it is not very often I use Comic Sans although I use many cartoon fonts.

But this time around when I was designing our website I needed a comic font for the typesetting of the copious amount of copy. Whereas I had used other fonts previously I used Comic Sans this go around to make it up-loadable by every computer out there. And wouldn't you know it - my website guy decided to dice and slice the text up as images instead of posting it as text... meaning I could have used any font I wished no matter how obscure it may have been.

Oh well... maybe next time around I use one of my real favorites instead. www.imaginationcorporation.ca

-grampa dan

animenick65

Jon, thanks for the link.

Dan, works for your site. Doesn't look bad at all. Nice website btw! You do some truly fantastic work.

signmeup

Comic sans is very readable type face. Looks great on your sight Dan. How did it become fashionable to hate comic sans?

mark in tx

How did it become fashionable to hate comic sans?

It is horribly overused on everything from business cards to signs, generally by anyone who is not a professional designer or artist.
Seems like 9 times out of ten, someone brings in a powerpoint, or word document that is done in Comic Sans.

SignManiac

It's not the fonts fault. It doesn't volunteer to be picked. Blame the people who don't know what's appropriate when dealing with a rabid raccoon! That's the real problem as I see it. Just remember, peanut butter and jelly has it's place too.

mark in tx

I can't find it right now, but I once saw someone modify comic sans into "penis sans".
I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like.

It just reflected an opinion of comic sans.