• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help All purpose name tag stickers for kids

Printmax

Hi!

New member checking in, based in Norway.

For a client, we're looking to start producing stickers for name tagging clothes and lunch boxes, water bottles etc.

The market is for kindergarten kids as well as retirement homes where you need to put label your clothes. For retirement homes, we'll use iron-on as they use industrial washers, but kids clothes are mostly washed at home.

It's not a new market, and we bought some samples from a competitor, and I must say the vinyl they use is great.

It sticks to any smooth surface, but also to the washing tags on the inside of clothes. I tried putting it in the washing machine on 60 degrees, tried boiling the water bottles, dishwasher - it doesn't fall off. Printed with UV.

We contacted 3M, and was told with 100 % certainty that the vinyl we're looking for is their 3690E. Tested it, and works well on everything but clothes. In our test, 5 out of 6 labels fell off in the first wash. Waited a full week with the wash after attaching. In the same wash, none of the competitors stickers fell off

Anyone know of a washable, non-iron vinyl that will stick to washing labels on clothes?

For reference, here is a site that sells a similar product, though it doesn't seem their product works on textile.

Many thanks!