• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ALOHA printers!

Hello,
My name is Dustin, and I just got a job at a shop that makes handmade goods in Honolulu, Hi. We use a CET X-PRESS 500 flatbed printer. I have been working with it for 2 weeks now and have learned a lot, but still have a LONG way to go to perfecting this neat skill. When I started, the negative pressure pump had gone out and the system sucked the Cyan back through the system and caused some damage. I was a complete neewbie and got it to work with help from Mark at their California center. My company bought the machine used that was still under warranty. The cost to fly a technician out is very high since we are in Hawaii so it was an awesome bit of fate that I stumbled on the job. I have done screen printing before and had done minor work in the HVAC industry before hand. Our machine didn't have an alarm on it, so no one knew it was messing up. We replaced the pump, the negative pressure hoses, cleaned the carriage and lamps, and bypassed the purge button bc it was faulty. I still have loads of issues with it that i would love to resolve. My cyan printhead will not line up after I have gone through the nozzle alignment and have cleaned it extensively with the conversion fluid. My prints have darker and lighter Cyan lines in them that i cannot get to leave. I will update this thread with pictures at work tomorrow. I have really found this forum a big help in reading others solutions to issues. I am super excited to add this to my skill list in producing high quality goods and am thankful for all your help. I am 27 and moved to hawaiia almost a year ago to experience the Aloha spirit. Hawaii is a very beautiful state, and the people are all about ohana (family). If you are ever in Hawaii and want to come check out our business and give me pointers on how to improve my quality that would be great! I am also looking at ways to expand our printing since we usually only print 3-5 48"x96" boards a day. Sorry this is a little sloppy, i will sit down and write a more detailed entry tomorrow.
Aloha
Dustin