• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Alpha "china printer"

SignJose

Hello there,
I have a Alpha GD18-E aka "china printer" with software of PhotoPRINT DX11... I can't even get the software to up load. can someone help?
This photo is what I get when I hit test print...

Attachments

• IMG_20180609_140319.jpg
    IMG_20180609_140319.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 237

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Wow that looks like a mess. I'm not sure you may find help with that here. Have you tried contacting the manufacture or person you bought it from?

SignJose

Thank you for your reply, I have tried contacting both however no luck at this time. I have tried YouTube and Google but no luck ether.

as for the "modern art" remark.... I think your right at this point.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I couldn't even find your printer on the internet?

I'll tell you now, your first issue is your "Chinese printer" IMO Get rid of it and get something like a HP or Epson ect depending what you're doing.
There's countless amount of people who come here looking for help with their Chinese printers that who knows if they got working or just dead weight.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
I mean, regardless of printer make, they all work the same way. I can't find that model number on google? I'm assuming it's a basic R2R small solvent unit.
There's obviously still ink all over the head after it wipes. Check the wiper, it could also be the capping station or clogs on the pump side so it's not getting proper vacuum. In that case, you'll have to heavily clean out the capping station and lines from the caps to the pumps to the waste tank. The "splurging ink" issue is usually never indicative of a head/damper/line issue before the heads.

Not being snarky, but do you know much about printers? This is a pretty normal issue, but if this isn't your normal wheelhouse then you definitely need to buy a unit that comes with a warranty or purchase a support plan. Once you get experience dealing with these types of problems then you can easily survive the world of discount machines, used units, and contract-free operations.

Lastly ... none of us buy Chinese printers for a reason. Their machines are terrible and their inks are the absolute worst. You're walking into a world of headaches with that machine and your customers' prints are going to die in 1/3rd the time.

Pitzu

Probably it's an Alpha GD1800-E2...but it doesn't matter that much...the working principle is the same.
You can also search on Google for this forum: sign-forum.ru (you'll have to use Google Translate). They know chinese printers very well and could also help you with the software problem.You can write them in english.
But it would be more easier...and a lot faster... if you could get a qualified technician to look at it.

Last edited:

brycesteiner

I'll be straight up with you: It will never work right and for the reason that no American firm will work on it and the company that sold it won't support it. Qualified technicians will not work on it. Bell & Howell won't touch Xenons because the MFG won't provide anything but a service manual in Mandarin.

My experiences are here:
I'm Done!

I had a Xenons that we worked on for over a year and finally just tossed it.

Hopefully you haven't invested much into it.

DerbyCitySignGuy

There are a lot of fly-by-night operations in China, open one day and closed the next. This happens all the time. Lots of people get bamboozled.

I would buy a used, refurbished, or floor model printer from a reputable manufacturer before I'd buy a Chinese printer. Heck, I wouldn't even take one for free, because I'd have to deal with disposing of it a few months later. ISA and SGIA always have booths with "budget" printers that are down more than they're running. At a trade show. Where they're supposed to be putting their best foot forward.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but if you're able to get a satisfactory solution to your problem, you're going to be in the minority.