• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alternate to Flexi

Murray

Can anyone suggest an alternative to FlexSign? .... We have subscribed to Flexi 12 and the support is literally non-existent. We have been out of business now for 2 days (on hold, while they attend a trade show apparently ...whatever!) Flexi is a great software, its a shame that the folks who run it haven't the slightest idea how to run a software company.

bannertime

I for one hope they can get it together and come out with some real upgrades instead of vomiting out all of these add-ons that are so bland, I'm not sure anyone can use them. The proof approval tool feels like it's in an Alpha development phase for the past three years. Same with the new stuff. Would be nice if they could polish all this stuff up, offer some real features like OTF support, improved raster tools and effects, and automation like variable data and exporting multiple pieces in a file.

What's the issue you're having?

Murray

I for one hope they can get it together and come out with some real upgrades instead of vomiting out all of these add-ons that are so bland, I'm not sure anyone can use them. The proof approval tool feels like it's in an Alpha development phase for the past three years. Same with the new stuff. Would be nice if they could polish all this stuff up, offer some real features like OTF support, improved raster tools and effects, and automation like variable data and exporting multiple pieces in a file.

What's the issue you're having?
We are getting a navy blue when we send forest green ... we are using a brand new Mimaki 160 printer which prints the colours perfectly out of Rasterlink but that software is not comprehensive enough for us. So its not a printer issue, its a Flexi issue but they are unresponsive and have been for the last 2 days.

Murray

We are getting a navy blue when we send forest green ... we are using a brand new Mimaki 160 printer which prints the colours perfectly out of Rasterlink but that software is not comprehensive enough for us. So its not a printer issue, its a Flexi issue but they are unresponsive and have been for the last 2 days.

Murray

We have uninstalled/reinstalled it ..twice. We have tried different profiles. Used different files. Any suggestions?

bannertime

Well, it'd be odd that the settings exist over the reinstall, but I'd look at the color options for something that may be swapping the colors out. i.e. color mapping, object color control, etc. Maybe try sending the file as RGB vs CMYK or the other way around.

Murray

It wont let me send as RGB (greyed out) Where are the "color options", I dont see that option on any of the menus

Murray

Yes, having issues remain over a re-install is queer for sure. Its not like its never printed correctly. It was printing fine on Monday, Tuesday then fell apart on Wednesday, Thursday :(

Bryce Jaspers

we had something similar with reds to our Roland Pro 4 from Flexi 19. We had to drop down to Flexi 12 and haven't had that issue again.

Murray

we had something similar with reds to our Roland Pro 4 from Flexi 19. We had to drop down to Flexi 12 and haven't had that issue again.
I would do that also but our original purchase of Flexi 11 does not support the new Mimaki so we are SOL. Mind you, Flexi 19 was working fine so I have to believe it can work again but I confess that Onyx is looking better by the minute.

Texastech

Flexi 19 changed up how the write there codes and files are read. Most of our customers that upgrade have color matches are now off. However, Flexi will no longer allow downgrades to there earlier 12.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We had similar issues when upgrading to 19, in addition to many transparent images would still print a visible "ghost square" around the images. Reverted back to 12 and there we stay until it's fixed.

Murray

We had similar issues when upgrading to 19, in addition to many transparent images would still print a visible "ghost square" around the images. Reverted back to 12 and there we stay until it's fixed.
I'd do the same but my previous version was Flexi 11 which will not run the new Mimaki printer. Having said this, is it just me or is using Flexi 12 and paying for Flexi 19 (because 19 is bug riddled in your case, in our case it just cant print colours) not incongruous? Im not a software engineer but I know when im being robbed.

SignsByRonnie

Can anyone suggest an alternative to FlexSign? .... We have subscribed to Flexi 12 and the support is literally non-existent. We have been out of business now for 2 days (on hold, while they attend a trade show apparently ...whatever!) Flexi is a great software, its a shame that the folks who run it haven't the slightest idea how to run a software company.

I have been using Sign Wizard from Aries Graphics for the past 17 years with great results. I tried flexi, and I don’t think it is near as good as SW7. Check them out, you won’t be disappointed!