• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Alternative To Dfp8000

lbpalm

I have a wall job for which I am considering arlon dfp8000

However I see it is non air release

- In the past drywall installations have been fairly simple but this one is a very long wall and the design will have much alignment

Can anyone suggest an alternative to dfp8000 that will aggressively stick which does have ar?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lbpalm

Hi, It is drywall material with eggshell paint in good condition.
- Hence, little to no natural air release on the wall's eggshell paint..

Plus aggressive stick might make for complicated moments during alignment, since in my experience no wall is truly straight...

I would dread lifting a panel to remove a bubble, crease or alignment fix to have half the wall pull away!

The wall is about 10 x 60 foot.

Thx..

Last edited:

peavey123

okay, Arlon DPF8000 is way overkill for drywall and you'll never get it off the wall! Btw, You should not need air release for wall graphics with proper technique.

We use Avery MPI2611 for most indoor wall graphics and are doing about 1000ft of wall graphics next month using the Avery. It's removable. i do believe they have a permanent adhesive if you need that. I've also used 3m IJ35 before with no problems. Phototex is another option. The best option if you can use it. Phototex is available with different adhesive strengths depending on your application.

lbpalm

Since the installation is intended as also providing a good structural base for full-wall change out of advertising on that wall, "permanent" was the goal in that regard.

I have had good results with non-ar on flat latex; but to your point about overly aggressive adhesive, I do not want to get into a situation where the DFP is so aggressive that I cannot adjust it during installation.

I also want to completely avoid any possibility of edge curl or dry-out on a somewhat porous surface;

...it is an automotive garage, fumes, no temperate control throughout the seasons, open to the elements in the summer, cold as ice in the winter ((high-traffic race track garage)), etc... - (on a porous wall no-less)

- Do you think this is a valid reason & approach for using the Arlon DPF 8000?

Thanks for the suggestions, greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If you are going to do multiple change outs on that wall then you should put X:BASE on the wall first, it will make your install and de-install times go super fast. It also makes it so you can use the DPF8000 or any other NON BUBBLE FREE vinyl as a bubble free material. (I put a bubble free coating on the top of X:BASE)

Attachments

• xbasev4.jpg
    xbasev4.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 108

lbpalm

- X:Base is an interesting product, although (for this location) I'd be happier to simply apply another layer of vinyl over the previous whole-wall installation, since it is a simple, not-too-fancy garage.

By the way, did I understand you to say that you applied another non-bubble treatment over the X:Base?

If that is what you said, why was the additional treatment necessary?

-- re your comment: ""(I put a bubble free coating on the top of X:BASE)""

thx.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

The only air release HT vinyls I know are avery 2126htez and substance.

For drywall HT shouldn't be needed and you can always staple along the top and bottom edges.