• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

alum signs?

149motorsports

I got beat by some who priced the follow signs out:
3x5ft alum with 2 color cast vinyl $155.00
4x8ft alum with 2 color cast vinyl $205.00

is this someone low balling? i was higher but then my work was proberly looking better too and went the cheap way out. Any thoughts?

OldPaint

3 X 5 .040 ALUMINUM single sided. 3 X 5 =15 sq ft. @ $10 s.f. $150.00 so its not a give away.
4 X 8 .40 aluminum single sided, 32 s.f. @ $10 s.f. its $320.00. he did it for $8 s.f. still not a give away.
IJAFS.......and he probable did it with intermediate. you coulda done the same.
and iam from south of pittsburgh, burgettstown, pa. but retired to florida when i was 32)))))) while i could still enjoy all those bikini'ed young ladies)))))

skyhigh

the other sign painters ran him out of pittsburg for being a lowballer.
Old paint was ahead of his time

Jillbeans

Happens to me on almost every job.
You get what you settle for, apparently people don't care if their 4'x8' sign looks like sh!t and can't even be read as long as it only costs $200.
I've never sold one for that low in 27 years and I sure as hell am not going to lower my prices when the cost of everything has increased considerably.
These lowballers saturate the market with visual pollution, price themselves right out of business, and make me look too expensive when I'm still here trying to clean up their mess.
Love....Jill

J

john1

I'm at $501 here on cast for the 4x8' and $341 for the 3x5' on 0.40" aluminum

Layout additional if it's anything other than straight line plain text

OldPaint

i did a 4' x 4' 2 sided on 10 mm alumicore, with intermediate vinyl. was only 3 lines of text and a red arrow........$275. that is $8.50 a sq ft. AND I HAVE a 4' X 4' piece of 10mm 2 sided alumicore for other sign/signs. i also had the layout for the sign because i did the old one back in 2000 WITH INTERMEDIATE VINYL and it still hadnt peeled or cracked.))))))
so time in this one, pull up the art work, load plotter, cut weed tape and stick. $275.00. i figure i got $50 in the 4X4' alumicore, so $225 in my pocket.

CES020

Before everyone jumps on the lowballer wagon, straight from the SignCraft pricing guide for 2012-

Aluminum, .040 with vinyl on it, basic: (not printed sheets, but cut vinyl)

16 sq.ft. = $169
4' x 8' = $211

OldPaint

printing would be sold for LESS...way less.........most of my banner work has gone because of the PRINTERS!!!! they sell banners here for $3-4 sq ft to the public. i wouldnt even come close to that.

CES020

printing would be sold for LESS...way less.........most of my banner work has gone because of the PRINTERS!!!! they sell banners here for $3-4 sq ft to the public. i wouldnt even come close to that.

I don't think you'll print, laminate, and apply for less than some vinyl lettering on a sign. Banners might go for $4 a sq.ft. but printed vinyl with a laminate, applied, isn't going for $4 a sq.ft. anywhere I've heard or seen. Maybe $10 a sq.ft. but certainly not $4.

I will note, that price is the low end of the sign guide, which is based on about $50 per hour if I remember right.