• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alumacorr vs. Polymetal

rlmercer

Trying to decide which is more durable for a permanent 4' x 8' sign (mounted between posts): 10mm alumacorr or 1/4" polymetal. I generally lean towards polymetal for my signs, but was wondering the pros and cons of each.

Thanks!

My problem with fluted core is it dents easily. Might not be an issue in NC or CA, but around here signs near the road get dented from flying gravel and snow plows throwing crap at them in the Winter.

I lean toward ACM panel secured on at least 3 sides, no MDO backers. I slot the posts and bottom (and top if not shaped) cross member so a good 1" or more is secured inside the posts and framework.

ChicagoGraphics

Polymetal is the same as Maxmetal, I have a lot of 4'x8s on post without any plywood backing on them here in Chicago and I never had one come back as of yet.