• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alumigraphics Smooth for permanent, coated, floor graphic?

bannertime

I've got a concrete flooring company that is wanting to do some 3ft graphics on the floor and then do their clear garage coating. Vehicles will be driving over it daily. They say that "other" companies use a 3-4 mil vinyl. I showed them some Alumigraphics that I had down. I personally feel like that'd be the best bet. I'd love to use Alumigraphics Grip cause I've got a bit left over from an 800sqft job. Not sure the texture will be okay under the floor coating. So I could give the Smooth a shot. It's apparently been done before with some type of vinyl.

Most the threads here talk about everything needing to be be painted. I've got large enough paint mask to do that. One of the graphics is 4 colors the other is 2. They seem pretty dead set on vinyl though.

All thoughts appreciated, especially ones related to the post.

equippaint

Not much holds up that well to constant vehicle traffic including the floor coating itself but to take a stab at it, aggressive adhesive and the thinner the better. Grip is not the best idea because it can cause the topcoat to be thin and fail at that point with the little pieces popping through. My only concern would be when the floor starts delaminating that they don't use you as a scapegoat but it wouldn't stop me from doing it with a disclaimer / waiver. Id use Oracal 3651 or 3165, contour cut it, let it sit and settle its shrinking then put it down over the base epoxy that's dry but still in the re-coat window.

bannertime

So the 3651 is a sub 3mil vinyl. So that's pretty thin compared to stuff we use. I guess I'll have to do some youtube-ing and read through some other stuff to find what people are using. I think I'm going to push the paint option since both graphics are pretty simple.