• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum Brake Wanted

Billct2

Best bet is Craigslist. Ebay or whatever local classifieds you have. It can be hard to find an 8' brake used, but a sheet metal shop going out of business or retiring is a good source.
You can try used equipment dealers too, but they generally handle heavier stuff.

equippaint

What thickness aluminum? We have a baleigh 4' magnetic brake, going to 8' is a big jump and used will be your best bet price wise. If its 063 and under look at the magnetic brakes, you can put two of those together for 8' and I think they may have an 8' now. You can do a lot with them including totally enclosed boxes and round edges. I dont know if it will hold 080 but if you decide to go that route I can test it on mine just let me know. Weve had it for 5 years and have used the snot out of it with 0 problems.

ams

I've been searching craigslist and ebay both. Ebay has brand new ones but I'd rather have a lightly used one. It would be great to be able to go up to .080, but if it will handle .063 that would be okay.
4' is too small, 4' X 8' cabinets are the most common and so I need a 8', Also I have a job coming up in the near future that may require an 8' cabinet. I would consider a 10' if the price was right.