• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Amazon...this is crazy

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's 10:30p Saturday night... I realized I needed some caps for a square tube frame sign I am installing Monday morning... Where am I gonna get 3" tube caps? I get on Amazon, find 2 for $8, free shipping for Sunday delivery. They just showed up and I already have them painted. Friggin amazing!

bD3AMBSKzoyv2VnRNJvxGsB3pTwxNeeXXSYyrqwTipxw2nQHUMXJhc2r-XXKisPAZT-sK-u4BhIzkihV4uzSs9CdPrDF0vjwM44EgQ2tMKCxOn0Dfigh32nrFmTVFoHYpRWzD2mv5ps=w457-h938-no

Attachments

• 20190616_195232.jpg
    20190616_195232.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131

Jburns

I did the same thing on a Friday night for some serial cable connections orders- delivered on a Saturday

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
That's awesome. But ironically, it's becoming the norm...and it is now what our customers are demanding for custom-made.:(

JB

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That's awesome. But ironically, it's becoming the norm...and it is now what our customers are demanding for custom-made.:(

JB

I'm getting tired of hearing this complaint.

Y'all either need to charge more and meet their deadline, or tell them you cant do it. Either way, COMMUNICATE with your customer and stop complaining.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Rub it in. I ordered a grill guard-winch mount for a customer - took 3 months to get here - was not the right part - not even a grill guard. I can't get a refund unless I send the wrong part back on my dime. $650.00 to ship + $350.00 broker & taxes.

rjssigns

I'm getting tired of hearing this complaint.

Y'all either need to charge more and meet their deadline, or tell them you cant do it. Either way, COMMUNICATE with your customer and stop complaining.

I'll have to disagree with your assessment. There are some jobs that no amount of money in the world is going to make happen on someones ridiculous timeline.

Communication does not help. Because of places like Amazon with their Prime service, people are used to getting PRE-MADE items "yesterday". People become conditioned to the urgency and perceived need to have things at their fingertips. Now they expect everything to be simple, convenient but more important at their beck and call.

I studied this in college and there are myriad things driving this new paradigm of instant gratification.

Here is a peek into what is happening:
https://www.bucknell.edu/about-buck...-2014/instant-gratification-and-its-dark-side

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think the problem kinda began when we decided to have throw away soda and beer cans. We're a throw-away society and expect instant gratification for just about everything to replace what we just threw away. People today, can't imagine what it was like to not have cell phones, let alone answering machines, internet or whatever. People have their noses glued to the phones and can't do without. I have no problem waiting the required time to make sure I get the right part unharmed. I'm not against progress, but some things are just necessary to assure quality and craftsmanship.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I can tell you this, I don't have a problem with people and their deadlines... I can only do what I can do..accept it or not, and move on. I aint whining about it.

henryz

Buy Amazon stocks, they are going to have their own airports so they can get you your products even faster I already get stuff the same day now they want to cut it to 2hr deliveries. WOW

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I think the problem kinda began when we decided to have throw away soda and beer cans. We're a throw-away society and expect instant gratification for just about everything to replace what we just threw away. People today, can't imagine what it was like to not have cell phones, let alone answering machines, internet or whatever. People have their noses glued to the phones and can't do without. I have no problem waiting the required time to make sure I get the right part unharmed. I'm not against progress, but some things are just necessary to assure quality and craftsmanship.

We had a power outage for about 2 hours today... took out the entire suburb. Went for a drive around and it was actually refreshing to see how many people wandered outside, were talking to neighbours etc. and weren't actually complaining about the world falling to pieces. There's hope yet...

FactorDesign

Buy Amazon stocks, they are going to have their own airports so they can get you your products even faster I already get stuff the same day now they want to cut it to 2hr deliveries. WOW

Give it 5 years and everything will be delivered via VTOL drones. No need for an airport when they can launch fleets of the things off of the roof of the local amazon hub. Place an order from the main warehouse, once a van loads up enough orders it heads to a smaller hub where you can pick up your stuff or have it delivered via drone, or courier for heavy things. I saw a demo of a UPS truck that had a drone that launched from the roof. The driver could load up a light package and have it delivered while he was driving around delivering heavier stuff. The drone would know where the truck was and return and land in it's docking port on top of the truck to recharge and grab another package. Now imagine an entire warehouse roof covered in those things with some sort of A.I. conveyor belt system that weights and measures each package and directs it to either drone or human delivery based on weight and destination radius.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We had a power outage for about 2 hours today... took out the entire suburb. Went for a drive around and it was actually refreshing to see how many people wandered outside, were talking to neighbours etc. and weren't actually complaining about the world falling to pieces. There's hope yet...
If I lived in Australia I'm not sure I'd feel safer inside or outside - you guys have weird house pets.
Nice pet.jpg

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Give it 5 years and everything will be delivered via VTOL drones. No need for an airport when they can launch fleets of the things off of the roof of the local amazon hub. Place an order from the main warehouse, once a van loads up enough orders it heads to a smaller hub where you can pick up your stuff or have it delivered via drone, or courier for heavy things. I saw a demo of a UPS truck that had a drone that launched from the roof. The driver could load up a light package and have it delivered while he was driving around delivering heavier stuff. The drone would know where the truck was and return and land in it's docking port on top of the truck to recharge and grab another package. Now imagine an entire warehouse roof covered in those things with some sort of A.I. conveyor belt system that weights and measures each package and directs it to either drone or human delivery based on weight and destination radius.

I don't mind any of that... it's the incessant buzzing of the drones that will annoy me most. I'm getting old and crochety and it doesn't take much noise to annoy me these days :mad:

equippaint

I don't mind any of that... it's the incessant buzzing of the drones that will annoy me most. I'm getting old and crochety and it doesn't take much noise to annoy me these days :mad:
Haha agreed. I cant even imagine....hearing people crunching and chewing about gives me a heart attack, drones will be the end of me