• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph excel V cable

round man

what you more than likely need is a null modem serial cable. 90% of the plotters out there over four or five years old have serial ports and use rs-232 compliant serial cables so the computer can hand shake with the plotter.You can do a search on google and find a schematic on how to wire one yourself but it is much cheaper just to buy a standard plotter cable from one of the sign suppliers that sell plotters

brockadeau

cable

The Anagraph plotter has an RJ11 female connector on it, and this is the only interface I can find. I assume there is an OEM cable, or would any DB9 to RJ11 converter work?

Techman

null modem cable.. its all it takes

It sounds like yours has a Ethernet port on it. But if I remember right it needs ANA Excel 5 serial cable which is a null modem cable..

round man

Techman is right but the specification for an ethernet connector is rj-45 not 11

rj-11 is a phone line connector