• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph & Mimaki

kfnsignsforkids

We are a non profit Missing Child organization that just had a Mimaki JV3 75SPII donated to us and we are trying to figure out how we can use an Anagraph AE60 plotter with it to cut out the things we print for Missing Kids. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:banghead:
By the way we don't charge families for any of the services we provide, we work from donations. You can check us out at www.kidfindersnetwork.org

Thanks again if you can help!

Last edited:

CS-SignSupply

The AE60 does not have a cropmark sensor and therefore will be difficult to use as a "Contour Cutter" in combination with your Mimaki Pirnter.

The other part of the puzzle that was not mentioned is what Software are you using to output to these devices?

J Hill Designs

very time intensive and not too precise method:

a) create graphics
b) add box around all graphics
c) create cutlines where needed
d) output box/cutlines as eps for cutter
e) output box/printed graphics to printer
f) set knife origin to the correct corner of printed box (corner depends on where cutter software wants to start)
g) move material on cutter to end and check alignment (blade should hit far corner of box) if not, adjust
h) cut box only to check that it follows printed box, adjust as necessary, return to origin point when correct
i) cut box and cutlines

this is how I do it with my pnc 950 until I get a plotter with ARMS/OPOS