• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

And behind the sign waaaasssssssssss what?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
smH8PUeuR2fnzxF_IkLqPX2lPRTLvvN7S7KY3HxzxaGwj0hpDBxzr6OWliiiVY0maYCTtOf_oXOimaxp4TYr0yDTz5vKlJGbq8ggmyw8obL5kjBxHAu0MAbT0c7ouvWFZhXHWSa5Owl4kK0oawzyqPmKeoD-rSPbZbTqR00Yc3XWnLUYdxpX6cYd9gQdEIQ5B2bjZ7ESJtHKAkG-1XOVtPkVDW7jzkRYPlXVbnD3uBSG3F6zsB7twLKHwG6fUuc2VuIuEQOjPgCB4ZXQzH9DY-gD63InYGRyRNsP_JCE2ztDtmbBzHbN-ofBIDiV4mg1Lasr_s00J46-0aUxEdR9I3M8-hM2OmkwRLdgiXsM38MUNPolinqPkynnU4SKg2hyHOeACqo2UorWy-44CLz2H4sulpbtvy6Rdi1xOJvbIrkyiR0pw6ibG7NDWlF5hNV_4DyDvZzxKzfn6MHt52San2tJVvl16K0116w9BYeZQ2RdLsem7BSv--mH-I_UU1BD4WyJghZHhVEIzCm4unjSny20L5GrVX1d1DcFOX23iiqbxquqW4ciheUr8feGX9wep_c1w5dgIY34b6jQF89QB29SQp7TBZl6ZIrCZlfkQdyDFLldBWFYFeGjLn3o0FTnNpRy2Y-KEbpKCpRhJFFC3V1A389jYXfVjg=w501-h667-no

97iyBOkSsnCLUCLHD2lVEGuuFXDuBmPRdNX5VTr65xKDycMm2pnD08W16vJMtjXN4HZH6P-t_JHSI9mN2I86-xJaWT84K0eelyd2mfM0U2LXjpG05miVDYSst3ywhXwURS5QEARTjJWqhUXoe6-hbMGQm81W3YwpjN1rCH2brqSZjYIaakg45CRy-LDYfdHxuGKicA5Il1blcW_f1xffvtD2egWOn7-1s_omM1Oh9w-s_ZbOQK7h3jx37Z709L1Ow9aPqM4AEp6YfUnvFsNu0oA2hWNZOqYQbvQS-21EqwKIac1u9uzyTZ3EOo-ziwwYKjRk129bkf4CsrjczS6WaPV8O6Puhxd9D3US8UMyARktWsN1R2YcWzHoSeYGjkkfknGsHZbXALe0oVxadFzsndL1pek86te6amCHRjScTRmHGbIv_6LHVcI0RENvQLKKqHGj9j7p5F8nTc7ehCFlj_uxIsNr_nYzGRQ5oDG0MRN51FwjlDScn29-M_rJIx8NexTzpJLUWwc_XGY6O7nQy0YXmNI5MAdTdj1mWZJReTx0tufLIzzzYIJzasoleqKMeNYX24SKEVjC4Ok2a94dV-4XedP9vqKnLUAC2Xgvry1UmfEyGE3bocXR8pBb6YPZvkoKDTN_gelKp7eJ022Q6FeZ8-Y3HQUJPw=w501-h667-no

Bee spray should be on every installers truck.

letterman7

Expect the worst and hope for the best. I try to carry an inspection mirror with me for stuff like that - helps eliminate the unseen.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You know, I do miss how tame the bugs were when I lived in PA... the further south you go, the more harmful they get.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Carburetor and choke cleaner beats any bug spray, hands down, every time...period.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Carburetor and choke cleaner beats any bug spray, hands down, every time...period.

Interesting you say that. I used that one time when nothing else was quickly available and ended up messing up my plastic clock on the wall because of the chemicals eating away at it

Jamie0075

I used this also trying to blast hornets out of the air from my porch... until I remembered my porch overlook my driveway and my vehicles were covered in brake cleaner! Fun time cleaning that.. FYI I managed to take down 2 hornets thank you very much!

Malkin

The citrus based adhesive dissolver that we use also doubles as a wasp spray. Even when they don't die immediately they'll at least be stunned on the ground for a while.

Nearly any kind of liquid chemical solution will interfere with their ability to breath.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
WD-40, takes out the nest and knocks them out of the air. We have a species(?) of paper wasps so small you don't see them until you brush up against their nest. When they swarm they always seem to go for the face & eyes.

wayne k
guam usa

equippaint

Wasp spray causes their muscles to fully flex on contact like a full body charlie horse, other chemicals dont do this. Ive found brake cleaner to be moderately effective if you can really soak them but if Im a captive target on top of a ladder then wasp spray would be my preference. Spray paint and contact cement work too in a pinch, tough to fly with sticky wings.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I wish I could look and act like a man when I encounter a wasp... I usually scream, start slapping the air and running away at the mear sight of a bee....then I look around to see if anyone saw my embarrassing behavior.

visual800

i despise things that fly. I hate wasps just because they are already pi$$ed for no reason. And every year I swear they get more bright orange. Yellow Jackets are horrible, they are born pi$$ed off. I carry wasp spray and my solution for yellow jacket nest in your flower bed. When night comes dump about a qt of gas in the entrance hole and run....in the morning, no more yellow jackets.

Johnny Best

I wish I could look and act like a man when I encounter a wasp... I usually scream, start slapping the air and running away at the mear sight of a bee....then I look around to see if anyone saw my embarrassing behavior.

So you won't be going to see the Ant-man & the Wasp movie?

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Aww, man, this is so tempting, but I'll bite my tongue.