Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And in this Catagory.....

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Colin, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    In FontExpert 2011, going through all of the various font folders I have when I want something in particular (like a script) takes far too long, so I’m finally getting around to creating some “Groups” (catagories) in FE. I can already see that this is going to take a while!

In your opinion, what would be a good list of catagories that covers the bases, without being too many?

My first hunch:

- Serif

- Sans Serif

- Slab Serif

- Script

- Arts & Crafts

- Art Deco

- Asian

- Curly/Fun

- Weathered

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  3. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    Thanks Fred.

On a related note: When selecting particular fonts for inclusion into a group, I used the "link" option, which according to the FAQ of FE, will allow a person to delete a font from a FE group without it being actually deleted from the original folder. Yet this is not happening for me - it gets deleted from the original folder, into the Recycle Bin.

:help

Attached Files:

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Can't advise you there. The only FontExpert program I am familiar with is the typeface identification program I used to distribute. They are gone now and apparently someone has ripped off their name and applied it to their font management program.