Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Donor board

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by SignManiac, Jul 29, 2012.

1. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Just finished this up a few minutes ago and will be installing tomorrow. 3' x 7' wall donor recognition board. Multiple layers of PVC all shot with Matthew's satin paint. It's going inside a six bed hospice so they wanted me to come up with something cheery and gave me free reign. Made some matching ADA wall signs that go with it too.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Fatboy

Fatboy Very Active Member

Its a flippin masterpiece!:U Rock:

3. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Thanks, the photo dun really do it justice. I'll have to see if I can some better shots with different lighting to show more of the dimension. Fluorescent lights always shoot worse than natural light.

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    how will the donor names be added?

5. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    those are being laser engraved on separate pieces of brushed copper Romark with an adhesive backing. They will be the same size as the metallic copper panels I made, so that I can mail it to them and they will put the names on themselves.

6. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I am a little confused, you say there are six beds at this hospice, but there is only five spots on the sign. Somebody is going to feel left out, are they? Other than my cynical observations, the sign looks really really good.

7. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    colorful, looks good

8. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    a donor board is for people who donate money to the hospice, not the people who are being cared for.

9. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Looks good! :thumb:

10. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I know that, but there are 6 beds, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think there could be 6 benefactors, one for each bed in such a small facility. Im not trying to split hair's here, I just noticed that the number of benefactors was one short of the beds. If there was 5 benefactors and 20 beds, it wouldnt have even crossed my mind.

But back to the sign .... Looks REALLY good.

Much better than my hand drawn with a sharpie on butcher paper sign would have looked. :Big Laugh

11. 704signs

704signs Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Do you have any pics of the room signs?

12. lexsigns

lexsigns Premium Subscriber

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    beautiful work as always Bob!!! always impressive!

13. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Very nice indeed, cheery & like the hearts colors, space looks great as always

14. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Thanks again everyone. These things are challenging with the space and design restrictions to be considered. Each of their locations all have different architectural problems to work with. There next facility is in a wing of a hospital and they want something very modern and contemporary. Should be fun!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  15. Suz

Suz Very Active Member

Apr 9, 2010
    The Great Northwest
    You did a very nice job!

16. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Nice work.
    Arthur's fonts just dress up anything.
    I'm a huge fan of the both of you.
    Love....Jill

17. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    really pretty colors. nice looking sign as these are usually kind of cold looking signs. this one is nice, warm and friendly looking. I usually hate the big cap on the front and end of a phrase but I can forgive that as the rest is so pretty.

18. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    theres actually room for 65 names on that thing

19. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    The number of beds has nothing to do with the donor board at all. It only has to do with the contribution amount. More money gets you a bigger plaque with your name on it. They would have loved to have more spaces allocated but the hall is very small and there was only one spot for it to fit in between two doors that are 8' apart.

20. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Good eye Marlene. I was waiting for that to come up and I wrestled with doing it that way. Because the layout isn't symmetrical, I originally had just an initial cap for Wall of Caring. But it visually was off balance and made the left side heavier. Fortunately, the colors distract your eye from it :)