• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another hand carved sign...

neato

Just wrapping this one up. I applied an antiqued finish partly because it fit the sign and partly to mask my amatuer paint job.

Attachments

• Driftless New.png
    Driftless New.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 456

bannertime

Awesome. I'm sure you've said before but are you using foam or wood? The carving tools that you are using, do you recommend them and what are they?

neato

Sorry I should have mentioned that. This is Duna Corafoam HDU. I used an angle grinder, dremel and pfeil chisels on the fish and the chisels on the lettering (single bevel flat chisels)

JR's

Nice work neato,
you are so honest, it reminds me when I used to airbrush on the lettering I would add a thick outline to mask my crappy airbrush work. LOL

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
I applied an antiqued finish partly because it fit the sign and partly to mask my amatuer paint job.
I think the 'antiquy' feeling / antiqued finish of this sign is perfect for the niche.
Looks like a really nice job neato. Congrats.

SignsSupport