Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another JV3 Printhead Alignment

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by vinylbytim, Nov 28, 2012.

1. vinylbytim

vinylbytim New Member

Jul 10, 2012

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    What resolution are you printing at?

3. vinylbytim

vinylbytim New Member

Jul 10, 2012
    720x720 Bi-Directional 8pass fast

4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I had a problem something like what you have there and a tech told me to clean the encoder strip and the sensor that reads that strip, it's that red light you see behind the sliderboard and then lower your heads on low setting, I did all that and never had the problem again.

5. Tekkie1

Tekkie1 Tekkie of Many Things

Apr 27, 2012
    Australia
    So have you also done the drop pos correction both in service mode and normal customer mode?
    Also have you done all the print configeration modes?
    It looks like misalignment to me
    Tekkie1:smile:

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    bi-directional definately not aligned. confirmed if same print look good in uni-directional.

have you run all alignment procedures for all combinations of fast/normal/bi/uni?

7. vinylbytim

vinylbytim New Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Ok guys I took all the heads out and adjusted all the base plates on the head so they are as close to each other as physically possible... It helped. Then I did the y base, then went through the print adjust in maintenance mode, then the print adjust is the standard mode and I cleaned the encoder strip. I am still getting this though it is better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu7io7tprie3upm/DSC_0130.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  8. vinylbytim

vinylbytim New Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Alright well I have it printing great in uni-directional. This will work for awhile till I can figure out the bi-directional. Still any input would be great. Thanks!

9. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    I'm not familiar with Mimaki's but if it prints fine Uni directional and only does this in Bi-dir, there has to be a alignment procedure for bi-directional that needs doen.