• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another JV3 Printhead Alignment

vinylbytim

Attachments

• DSC_0124.JPG
    DSC_0124.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0125.JPG
    DSC_0125.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoGraphics

I had a problem something like what you have there and a tech told me to clean the encoder strip and the sensor that reads that strip, it's that red light you see behind the sliderboard and then lower your heads on low setting, I did all that and never had the problem again.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
So have you also done the drop pos correction both in service mode and normal customer mode?
Also have you done all the print configeration modes?
It looks like misalignment to me
Tekkie1:smile:

MikePro

bi-directional definately not aligned. confirmed if same print look good in uni-directional.

have you run all alignment procedures for all combinations of fast/normal/bi/uni?

vinylbytim

Ok guys I took all the heads out and adjusted all the base plates on the head so they are as close to each other as physically possible... It helped. Then I did the y base, then went through the print adjust in maintenance mode, then the print adjust is the standard mode and I cleaned the encoder strip. I am still getting this though it is better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu7io7tprie3upm/DSC_0130.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0130.JPG
    DSC_0130.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:

vinylbytim

Alright well I have it printing great in uni-directional. This will work for awhile till I can figure out the bi-directional. Still any input would be great. Thanks!

Graphics2u

Alright well I have it printing great in uni-directional. This will work for awhile till I can figure out the bi-directional. Still any input would be great. Thanks!
I'm not familiar with Mimaki's but if it prints fine Uni directional and only does this in Bi-dir, there has to be a alignment procedure for bi-directional that needs doen.